Skincare routine

By Jamie - November 11, 2017

Skincare Routine
Hi all, today’s post will be one of the topics I’m really excited about. I would like to share my skincare routine that works on my skin well. I have a combination of oily and dry skin. If I’m going to be in an outdoorsy environment the whole day, my face will be quite oily/ shiny at the end of the day. But if I’m going to be indoors where air- conditioners are blasting on your skin for a long period of time, my skin will be flaky and itchy and dry. Ugh. So below is the skincare routine that helps my skin from producing too much oil or not enough. Some products I’ve tried were too harsh on my skin or doesn’t work at all, so for now, these products I’m using are the ones that works best for now.


Morning Routine
Once I get out of bed, I will wash my face with Cetaphil that I was introduced by my aunt. I’ve been using it ever since. I love how gentle it is, how it is soap free which is so much more kind to your skin. I hate the squeaky clean feeling, paranoid that my skin loses all the oil that protects my skin. Then I wipe my face off with the same towel I use on my body, I don’t keep a separate towel just for my skin.


Cetaphil


Then I move on to toner. I use the SKII cleansing lotion. I gently pat it into my skin. I don’t use any cotton pads for my morning routine. I move on to the Garnier eye gel. For eyes, I rotate brands from time to time, as I’m not very picky with it. After all that are done, I use the SKII pitera thingy. It helps my skin to absorb the product and it leaves my skin feeling good, like an extra layer protection. Similarly, I pat it unto my skin, with my fingers. Moving on, I use the SKII lotion pot thingy, OMG I love this step, this product smells so good!!!! I do put some leftover products down to my neck.



SKII Cleansing Lotion


SKII Skin Treatment Essence
SKII face cream


Last but not least, the most important step, SPF. I rotate brands with this product too. I love the Tony Moly SPF, just because it don’t smell like the typical sunblock you slap on your skin. I always always look forward to the last step, I love putting on sunscreen, and it feels reassuring that my skin is protected from the sun. Bonus point, it smells good too!


SPF ( very important step, cannot miss!)





Night Routine
After a long day, I will whack on micellar water on my cotton pad. Currently I’m using the one from Simple, but I don’t mind changing it up to other brands. I want to get all the dust and dirt off my skin. Then I will cleanse my face with Cetaphil. Some days when I feel that my pores are clogged up, I will use my trusty Clarisonic Mia 2 twice a week. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. I will then dry my face with towel.
Micellar water


Clarisonic Mia 2

When my face is all clean, I use the Kiehl’s toner that I mentioned in my September favourites to ensure I get all the dirt out of my skin. I pour the toner on to a cotton pad and work it on my skin. Then I move on to eye cream. I love my Laneige eye cream, but currently it’s not with me, so I’m using the one from Benefit. It does the trick anyway. For face, I use the  Atomy Lotion. So that I can lock in the hydration. At night is usually where my lips get chapped. I will put on Vaseline before I go to bed, but I find the Avene cold cream works better.


Kiehl's toner
Atomy lotion

Laneige eye cream
Benefit eye cream

Vaseline
Avene lip balm



Now that all the steps are done, I’m so ready to hit the hay!

Time for bed !

So, that’s all for my skincare routine. I really enjoy writing this post, and I hope you get some value out of it!


Jamie

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments