that girl next door.

By Jamie - August 28, 2019

Hey you, yeah you, the one behind the screen. Thank you for setting aside your time to read this. Actually I'm not sure any of you will read this, heck even finish reading this. I enjoy writing on my blog and yet I know not many of you read them, why even try, right? Well because this platform helps me to write what I really felt and somewhat a part of me want this out on the internet hoping people like you to stumble upon and read.



I am Jamie, I'm in my mid 20s. I'm really really an introverted person, you can't find anyone else who's more introverted than I am. I'm always this quiet, shy girl my whole childhood, sometimes it feels like it'll cost me an arm and a leg just to say hi to strangers or meet new people.


Obviously, case in point, I do not have many friends. Is either you don't like me, or I'm not interesting enough or I'm just too shy. I have been underweight all my life. I was this skinny girl who spends her time burying her nose in a book. I am always awkward on social events, on someone's birthday, on a tea party and so on. Yes, I go through puberty but never across my chest, just vertically. I am towering over boys my age at 14. I was this angsty, pimply faced girl and I went through a phase thinking that the world had wronged me, God forbid, owed me. Thank GOD that went by quickly. Growing up, I'm quite a chill person, shy but chill. Nothing roller coaster summer life of that nature, just atypical girl next door.


Here am I in my 20s still had no idea what to do with her life. Life is exhilarating, yes but I still have yet to find my niche. Lately I discovered the world of planning, the world is at my fingertips as some of you may say it, thanks to Google. You may ask, what is so fascinating about planning? Boy do you have a lot to learn. I suggest you to read my previous post to get a glimpse of it. (shameless self promo) Planning to me is like you giving LOL dolls to 4 year old girls or talking about how many horsepower does Aston Martin Valkyrie has to a guy wearing Italian leather shoes. I would trade anything I mean anything for a new squishy velvety squared corner leather cover with 30mm rings Planner. Heck I even have a YouTube channel and Instagram dedicated to share my love for planning.


Am I a nerd? Maybe. But to me, I finally found something that I truly do enjoy with every fibre of my being. OK, that's a tad dramatic, but you get the drift. My point is, no matter how you think the world is against you, or how you're not worthy enough, or how you're not lovable, or that you felt like a failure. Accept all your strength and flaw of every single cell in your body. You don't have to beg everyone to like you or wondering why everyone is so against you, you just have to be the better person than you were yesterday. You just need to trust yourself, be that person no one is for you. Love yourself, stop procrastinating, stop saying you do not deserve all the goods in life.


Start today.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments