Cutting down crap.

By Jamie - October 23, 2017

Cutting Down Crap.
Let’s Get to Business!

It may or may not be too late to start now, but at least I did the first step.. I would be a fool if I didn’t!

In my 20 years (and some odd few years) of living, I’ve realized I need to cut down my crap. Crap living lifestyle, where I wasted time investing on some superfluous things. It’s always in the back of my mind but I did nothing about it. I don’t see why I needed too even if it’s been bothering me for years. Maybe, it is just human nature, to collect junk and not letting go.
    
Day in day out, I turned a blind eye on the crap that’s on my table, crap that’s shoved to the back of my cupboard, or buried under my everyday clothes. Maybe even some lost treasures in the drawer that I dread to open. Obviously it’s caused by the over-flooding stuff that I hate seeing. I never threw them out, thinking “What if I need them tomorrow?” I always blame “tomorrow” the day that never happen that affect my everyday life.
    
Then one day, I came across a podcast (if you’re not an iPhone user, like me, you can use other platform, I use Castbox). It’s the Minimalists. The moment I listened to the podcast, I’m hooked! I was like yeah! That’s what I’m lacking/ missing! I listen when I commute, I listen when I do my laundry, I listen before I go to bed.


The minimalists.

     I’ve gathered so much momentum after listening for almost a month. It is time to clear-out the cupboard! I do clear-out the cupboard from time to time, I do get some satisfaction by not-cramped cupboard, but I still keep the clothes I don’t like due to several reasons.

1.      It’s still in good condition
2.    It’s sentimental
3.    It’s expensive




When I got back home, after a month, I started clearing out the crap that’s on my table! (It took me about 2 hours, wow, the amount of crap that I kept!) By 3:30 am, I was happy, finally releasing some of the momentum I’ve gained in a month. Below are the lists of items I’ve cleared. (some of the items I’ve donated to the local charity some, I decided to chuck in the bin) (*including but not limited to)

1.      Files (I no longer needed them, as I’ve completed my degree and has no intention of using them)
2.    Old notes
3.    Unused mat
4.    Pens that ran out of ink
5.    Pens & pencils that are crappy
6.    Unused notebooks
7.    Sticky notes
8.    Final year project stuffs, (gears, screws, metal plates, motor)
9.    Old receipts
10.    Old pouches




I’ve cleared some of my clothes the next day. Below are the lists of items I donated/ chucked into the bin (*including but not limited to)

1.      Skirts that are too short, seldom wear
2.    Clothes that have holes
3.    Clothes that are overstretched
4.    Formal clothes (yay, I no longer need to do presentation in Uni!)
5.    Tops that had shrunk
6.    Tops that are bobbled
7.    Tops that had stains/ bleached stains
8.    Shoes that I can’t fit
9.    Shoes that are worn out ( skin that are peeling off )
10.    Ballet pumps that I no longer wear
11.     Graduation teddy bear and bear that was given to me from my boyfriend on my 21st
12.    Old-school bags that I wore during my preteens.

I’ve listed some reason why I decided to chuck/ donate the items mentioned above.
1.      I only come back home once a month
2.    I want to make room for more important things (eg, I get to wear clothes I like instead)
3.    Those items gave me stress/ cluttered my table & cupboard
4.    I no longer find joy in the items ( keeping for sentimental reasons doesn’t cut it)
5.    I no longer find the items giving value in my life ( the items doesn’t do anything for me, it just sits there, taking up space and my time to focus on things that matter more to me, wasting my time whether do I want to use it today, tomorrow or even ever?)
6.    I can finally see the items that I only want to use, I won’t have trouble with “what should I wear today?”

   You might wonder, whether would I clear out more items? Yes! I might missed some of the items that may be shoved to the back of my cupboard, or placed on places I never came across too. See, that’s the reason why I want to clear stuff out, you have more room, you have more time to spend on other important things, not on, “deng! I hate these shoes, but I don’t want to throw away, because I ‘may’ wear it again” Let’s just face it. That day never ever arrive. Not for me at least. I’m sick of the crap that I’ve wasted my time on and on things that I no longer use. They take up so much room! 

I like my room here in Singapore, at least on the things I own. I don’t own much clothes here, the bulk of my clothes are back at home. I wear uniform every day to work. I only get to wear casual clothes on weekends. (I prefer wearing uniform to work anyway, because, it’s easy & neat!) So that leaves to only wearing the clothes, or shoes or bags that I really love on weekends, even if it means repeating the same outfit. I don't intend to expand my closet here in Singapore. Most of the outfits I took in my Instagram account revolves around the clothes I have in Singapore.




My current cupboard has this much of clothes


Same rules apply to my makeup. Below are the makeup that I have and use:

1.      VDL eye palette 

2.    Maybelline CC cream ( I never tried foundation, never put on foundation)

3.    Essence matte blusher

4.    Rimmel London Stay Matte powder




5.    Liquid lipstick


6.    Benefit highlighter

7.    Eyebrow pencil


8.    Eyebrow gel




I only own one  eye makeup palette, and I love it, I don’t plan to buy anymore anytime soon, as I only wear makeup on weekends (if I decided to go out).

The makeup look below is the products I mentioned above.



This post is already long enough, I should stop waffling on. I would like to end my blog post here. Thanks for reading if you’ve made it this far.


Jamie

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments