Highlights of my 2017

By Jamie - January 08, 2018

Hi all.
It’s 2018. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? Lolz. If you’re reading this, I hope you’ve accomplished what you wanted in 2017, if you didn’t-- make 2018 your year.
Congrats to you if 2017 was one of your best years, let’s make 2018 the next best year!
I would like to share to you my best moments in 2017 that I want to cherish forever.
1.     Obviously, I graduated!

It was really, really hot that day, despite the torrential rain we had for months. I was praying that it won’t rain on the day I graduated, and lucky enough, it didn’t rain! Ok, it did rain, but it was after the ceremony and we were driving out of Uni, and then it poured hard. I was having a lot of fun, despite being extremely thirsty. I was also soaking wet with my sweat! Every single part of my body is sweating, even the back of my knees. Eww. But-- at the end of the day, my makeup is still on, even it may not be as good as earlier, but still.









2.     I went to Korea!

I love Korea. I love the culture, I love the fried chicken, I love the park, I love everything. The most ouch thing is knowing that how small our money is. I spent more than RM1k just on public transport alone for the span of only 10days. Bummer.

























3.     I moved to Singapore!


Moving to Singapore helped me to live more of a minimalist lifestyle. Not to say that I’m a true minimalist, but I’ve cut down a whole lot. As you all know, I love makeup, shoes and clothes, but it amazes me how much I’ve cut down. For example, shoes. I’ve 6 shoes here in Singapore, sounds a lot, but really its not. I have a work shoes, my Nike running shoes, my favourite Mango loafers, pointed flats, Birkenstocks and flip-flops which is perfect for rainy days.


4.     My Skincare
I’m more into skincare this year. More accurately for the past 6 months. I love sheet masks, my Clarisonic, toner, moisturizer and most importantly my SPF! Skincare is important, I love the glow that it gives me. Every morning, the only thing that excites me is my morning skincare routine. I always look forward to applying skincare. If you want to know more, I did a blogpost on all the skincare I use and loving.

5.     Discovering Makeup



Isn’t it obvious enough? I love glitters, shimmers, colours. I don’t care if my cheeks look like a baboon’s bottoms. I love them. I love to go ham on blushes. I love how perfect the Duchess of Cambridge’s blushes. I’ve always love makeup. I love lipsticks. I love how my makeup resonates with my mood, my character, my actual self. I portray myself through makeup. Yes, I also love my no makeup days. Who doesn’t?

6.     Improving, growing and discovering.

I’m a better me than I was at the beginning of 2017. Better as in learning more skills, loving myself more, although that’s a whole different topic we should get into next. I cannot stress enough on the importance of loving yourself. Me, myself is also in the learning progress of loving me. I do have days or even weeks on loathing myself, although sometimes I blame it on hormones. But, it is also not right to put so much stress on yourself in order to be more perfect. You got to cut some slacks, too. You know? I’m human. I make mistakes. It’s not literally means that I don’t make more mistakes like I do in the beginning of 2017, I make stupid mistakes in fact. But I learn from it, I try not to repeat the same mistakes. There is so much more room for improvement.

7.     A job
I got my first job this year. I don’t want to bore you with details about it, but yeah. A memorable moment indeed. Oh, also, I have a name-card. Ooh… fancy. So, if you run into me, I will sure hand you my name-card. *can you tell it is also my first time to have a name-card?*

I think that’s about it! Of course there are many other moments that are highlights of 2017, again, I don’t want to bore you with much details on it. So, this is it I guess. My 2017. I love it.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments