Getting my back fixed

By Jamie - September 27, 2017

I had a lower backache on and off for about a year or so. It got more often as I ignored it more. It is more of a sore pain. It happens when I sleep on soft beds because growing up, I used to sleep hard beds. It also happens when I sat or stand for too long. Like when if there’s a roadtrip or food hunting, I will get a sore back at the end of the day, possibly. Few months ago, I would like to say around April, I came across a spine awareness booth, and got my spine checked by a chiropractor, it was a general check, and I had a slightly curved spine. Fast forward to September, I did a little bit of research on chiropractic clinics. There were many in KL. So, I came across Aligned, situated in Sri Hartamas. 
aligned
Aligned clinic

That place, Sri Hartamas, was such a posh area! The area is filled with Korean everything. There’s restaurants, laundry shops, convenient store, you name it. Anyway, I had my appointment booked with Dr. Adeline. 
Dr. Adeline Ho

She’s very nice, and you won’t feel awkward, lol. Anyway, it was on Saturday, and don’t worry, it won’t take long, if you’re planning to get your spine checked. I would say, it took about 30 minutes? So, for the first appointment, you will have to change your top into a gown, so then she will get a weird round thermometer thingy to check your spine, and she will examine your spine to get a general idea. Before that, you will fill in a form, what problems youre facing, when you had your pain, etc.. So she will get on from there. At the end of the appointment, I booked the treatment the next day, which is Sunday, and I need to get a picture of my spine first, to really know what’s going on.
On Sunday morning, I took the x-ray, which is only 15 minutes drive from the clinic. Don’t worry about parking, if youre wondering, its free on weekends. So, the x-ray was fast too, I would say it only took about 10 mins? Then I head straight to the clinic. She examined my spine and explain to me whats going on. I regretted I did not took a picture of my x-ray. Anyway, she pointed out that my left pelvis is slightly facing outward or inwards, I can’t remember. Then she showed me my cervical spine. its really not looking normal compared to the ideal spine.  



This x-ray is not mine, but my cervical kind of look like that?


So she suggested to treat my pelvis first, and slowly work from there. It was not painful at all. I assure you, but I got sore after the treatment, and again, the treatment only lasted for 30-40mins. I was advised to iced it before I sleep and after I Woke up for 10 minutes, no running, or any aggressive exercise on my lower half, no processed food, and loads of water, fruits and vegetables. So I guess bye, MCD.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments